I’m always looking for quick tasty meals for week nights and of course they need to be healthy!
We have a lot of fish left in the freezer from our fishing trip to the west coast last summer.
My husband loves burgers and is getting back to liking fish again, so why not create a fish burger! One of my favorite things to eat is sushi and that is what inspired me to create this recipe.
Salmon sushi burger, you might be thinking is it a burger made of raw fish! No the flavors are inspired by sushi!
Fresh ginger, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, nori and of course wasabi!
- 2 lb fresh salmon, skinless & boneless
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2.5 tbsp soy sauce, gluten free
- 2.5 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 a avocado
- 2 nori sheets, torn into pieces
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp wasabi paste
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, if dairy free use coconut or almond yogurt
- 2 tsp honey, warm to melt
- Juice from half a lime
- salt & pepper to taste
- Burger buns, gluten free
- Served with cole slaw
- To make wasabi sauce, in a medium bowl combine, yogurt, wasabi, honey, lime juice, salt & pepper, mix together, place in fridge.
- To make the burgers, using a food processor, add salmon meat*, onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, avocado & pulse until combined, add nori sheets & pulse again until combined.
- Form into burgers, makes 4 to 6, depending how big you make the patties
- Heat oil in a pan, when hot, add the burgers, cook 3 to 4min on each side
- Toast buns, add wasabi sauce, & cole slaw
* salmon meat, I used salmon steaks, removed the skin and bones, it was quite a lot of work. Next time I would salmon filet, and remove any bones